TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Bookmark Design Competition
- The promoter of this prize draw is UK Reads, a registered charity (1154264) whose registered office is at UK Reads, Suite 225, 46 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1DA, United Kingdom.
- The title of the competition is ‘UK Reads bookmark design competition’.
- By submitting a design to the competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and confirming that you are eligible to enter the competition and eligible to claim the prize.
- Employees of UK Reads and their immediate families and members of their households are not eligible to take part.
- To enter the competition you must submit your design via our designated webpage. Sent via ukreads.org/bookmark-2022. The photo should not exceed 20mb and should be a JPEG or PNG file. Entries submitted in any other form will not be accepted.
- All entries must include the following contact information:
- Child’s full name and age
- Parent/carer’s full name.
- An active email address and if you are willing to be contacted about the competition by phone, a valid phone number.
- Social media handles (if you have them and would like to be tagged in posts about the competition and any possible win)
UK Reads will only process your personal information in accordance with web link to privacy doc. See also condition 13 and condition 14, with regard to the announcement of winners.
- UK Reads will not accept any competition entries that are (a) automatically generated by computer; (b) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; (c) photocopies and not originals.
- UK Reads cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, Internet access, system or any other reason.
- The competition opens at 10am on the 3rd August 2022 and closes at 7pm on the 6th September 2022. Entries received outside of this time period will not be considered.
- Competition photos cannot be returned.
- UK Reads must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation UK Reads will publish the first name and county of the prize winner on the UK Reads blog and social media pages (if consent is given). By submitting an entry to the competition, you give UK Reads the right to contact you regarding your entry and the right to use your name, town or city of residence, and social media handles for the sole purpose of identifying you as a competition entrant or winner.
- If you object to any or all of your first name or surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact UK Reads at firstname.lastname@example.org or UK Reads, Suite 225, 46 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1DA, United Kingdom. In such circumstances, UK Reads must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use. It must not infringe the rights of any other party and must not be otherwise obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. If UK Reads has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or breaches this paragraph then UK Reads may, in its absolute discretion, decide not to consider it.
- During the submission period, your submission may be showcased to the public on UK Reads’s website and social channels.
- All creators retain ownership of their work. However, by submitting your entry you hereby grant UK Reads and any judges, a perpetual non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license to publish, broadcast (across all media), sublicense, use to support our work and post the entry online, print or reproduce your entry and display on any other platforms including any yet to be envisaged. This licence will be deemed to include all the necessary rights and permissions to enable such use by UK Reads, and for UK Reads to complete the administration of this competition.
- You can contact UK Reads on 07842930125 or via email at email@example.com to withdraw consent for the use of your artwork prior to it being in the public domain after which we will be unable to withdraw it.
- Clause 17 does not guarantee that your work will be used by UK Reads at any point during the competition or afterwards.
- UK Reads will credit the creator where any work is used unless they have expressly asked not to be identified in accordance with clause 14.
- You are encouraged to share your work on social channels using @uk_reads for Instagram, facebook.com/ukreadscharity and @ukreadscharity on Twitter using the hashtag #ukreadsbookmarkcompetition once you have submitted your design.
- The decision of the judging panel is final.
- The decision will be made by 10th September 2022
- UK Reads will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the closing date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. The winner must be available to be contacted after the closing date. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner by UK Reads. However, if the winner is unavailable UK Reads reserves the right to transfer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
- The prize will be 10 books suitable to the child’s age and reading ability.
- The prize is non-transferable. UK Reads reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond UK Reads’ reasonable control.
Some general rules:
- Any complaints regarding this competition should be sent to UK Reads, Suite 225, 46 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1DA, United Kingdom
- UK Reads accepts no responsibility if you ignore these terms and conditions and you agree to indemnify UK Reads against any claim by any third party arising from any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
- UK Reads accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting any prize. UK Reads further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with this competition. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of UK Reads for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
- UK Reads reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue this competition, temporarily or permanently, with or without prior notice (including, without limitation, in the case or anticipated, suspected, or actual fraud). The decision of UK Reads in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- UK Reads shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions