Story Box Project
UK Reads Story Box Project supports children and their families with free interactive literacy workshops. Each family can take part in a series of 2-4 workshops and receive a range of books and literacy resources to keep. Each Story Box Project is designed to specifically meet the needs and interests of each child and are delivered in collaboration with children’s authors and inspirational role-models such as sports stars.
The project aims to:
- Engage reluctant or struggling.
- Improve levels of literacy and confidence.
- Provide an interactive environment to promote the enjoyment of reading.
- Provide a supportive learning environment for parents and children.
- Increase book ownership.
- Encourage a reading routine at home.
- Promote inclusivity and support family and child wellbeing.
Following the project, the families take part in a UK Reads reading challenge and our team will stay in touch to track and support their progress.